In accordance with the rules on data protection currently in place, with this Policy, the Upperadriatic Italo-Croatian Interregional Trade Union Council CGIL, CISL, UIL, SSSH, seated in Trieste (Italy), Via Ugo Polonio 5 – 34125, as Data Processing Controller, wishes to give its users all the needed information as to the cookies used by the website https://upperadriatic.irtuc.org/.
The Date Protection Controller is the Upperadriatic Italo-Croatian Interregional Trade Union Council CGIL, CISL, UIL, SSSH, seated in Trieste (Italy), Via Ugo Polonio, 5 – 34125 – Tel. +39.040.36 85 22.
A Cookie is a small text file (which consists of letters and/or numbers) that enables the web server to store on your browser useful information for further usage during your navigation of the website (session cookies) or later, even after certain number of days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, in line with the preferences of the user, by the browser on the specific device being used (computer, tablet, smart phone). Following categories are taken into account:
- technical cookies – cookies which are essential for the proper functioning of the website and whose only purpose is for a “communication to be transferred to an electronic communication network or, to the extent strictly necessary for it, to the service provider of the IT company that the subscriber or user has explicitly requested for the provision of those services” (see art. 122, par. 1 of the Italian Data Protection Code);
- analytical cookies – cookies which are used with the purpose of data collection and website usage and traffic analysis in an anonymous way. Albeit without identifying the user, those cookies enable for example to determine if the same user connects again to a certain website. Additionally, it enables to monitor the system in order to improve efficiency and use thereof. It is possible to disable those cookies no functionality being lost;
- profiling cookies – persistent cookies which are used in order to ascertain (in an anonymous way) the personal preferences of the user and to improve their navigation experience;
- third party cookies (analytical and/or profiling) – cookies which are not managed by the website, but are generated elsewhere and embedded in parts of certain web-pages the website consists of. Those are for example Google widgets (i.e. Google Maps) or social plugins (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.).
The majority of browsers enables cookies automatically but it is possible to enable or disable cookies on a certain device, if you change the settings of the browser used for navigation in line with the indications available on the official browser web-pages.
The web-site makes use of the following cookies:
- name – pll_language; description – this cookie is installed by Polylang plugin for WordPress powered websites. The cookie stores the language code used for the last web-page the user accessed to; duration – 1 year; type – functional;
- name – cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary; description – this cookie is installed by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie stores the user consent for cookies pertaining to the category “Necessary”; duration – 1 hour; type – necessary;
- name – cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary; description – this cookie is installed by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie stores the user consent for cookies pertaining to the category “Not necessary”; duration – 1 year; type – necessary;
- name – _ga; description – this cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate data about visitors, sessions and campaigns and to monitor the use of the web-site to draw up the corresponding report. Cookies store data in an anonymous way and assign visitors a randomly generated number used for individual identification; duration – 2 years; type – analytical;
- name – _gid; description – this cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information on how the visitors use the website and helps create a website analytics report. Collected data include the number of visitors, the source they come from and the pages visited in an anonymous form; duration – 1 day; type – analytical;
- name – _gat; description – this cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics in order to regulate the number of requests to the site setting a limit to data collection for highly accessed websites; duration – 1 minute; type – performance.